Thursday, August 06, 2009

Get off my property! ;)

Singapore is really getting too crowded to live in!

Apparently there was an MRT delay today at Jurong MRT (no, not a strike, we're not french). And I needed to be at NUH by 8:45am. I left my house at 7:45am which is usually more than enough, approximately 5-7mins early. But when i arrived at Jurong to change to the next train, the platform was half filled with people! Literally. It looked like NDP came to Jurong on a weekday lah!

No one could get in to the train, there was a queue. Intended to take a picture of the scene but was afraid of running late! So instead, went to take the bus at the interchange. Similarly, the berths were packed with people! I don't usually take the bus in the morning so i'm not sure if this is common, but when I got on the bus, smells (a mix of chanel no.5, some armani and pit-sweat) were the only thing I could think about. Crazy! And then the bus driver kept shouting for the passengers to move back, in Mandarin. I looked around, half the people were of other races lah. Of course don't understand right?

I wonder if this bus scene was how 70s Singapore was like.

It also struck me that the MRT scene I witnessed this morning oddly resembles the documentaries I watched about India and its rails. Especially since I saw many many indian workers squeezing along at Jurong this morning.

Crowded lah Singapore now.. Sianxzsxzsxxszsx

-jho.

No comments: