Monday, July 27, 2009

P.D.A

Just had a thought come across my head.

I have never been one who is pro-PDA. I think a lot of couples do it artificially, especially those young tweens at the neighbourhood malls. I mean c'mon, who really needs to hold hands walking in the mall with your school uniform and school bag? And we see this A LOT during Valentine's day.

Never artificial PDA; natural PDA is the way to go - as and when it feels natural, go for it.

Yet, as I am becoming more and more at ease with my sexuality, including the people around me, I have discovered that I'm less adverse to PDA. I'm not speaking of blatant tongue lashings or nimble fingers traversing around erogenous zones while clothed in public, i'm starting to like the idea of the hand around the waist whilst going down the escalator or leaning against each other on a park bench or maybe even the occasional surprise long hug from the back when meeting for the first time that day.

I don't know how common place gay PDA is in Singapore, but if the govt and its peoples are supposedly apathetic towards les homosexs, then why are there so few couples - including my own r/s - practicing PDA.
Fear? Social Stigma? Or is it because of the culture of Singapore, i.e. lacking in romance, warmth, community, open affection?

I find it odd. And frankly a little jealous that some couples can openly hug or be close to each other, especially among close friends who know of them as couples. But at the moment it seems only one-sided.

-jho.teach(sigh).footmassage!(hopefully)

No comments: