Sunday, July 23, 2006

George Michael

George Michael
Controversial. Talented. True.




Here comes one for the ladies
For the ones who love me
To think I thought I could be some kind of family man
I told myself I was straight
But I shouldn’t have worried
‘Cos my Maker had a better plan for me

Chorus:
And I’m dancing with the freaks now
I'm havin’, I’m havin’ so much fun
What you sow is what you reap now
I’ll do my dance with everyone
I’ve been getting too much Sun
(Yes I’m dancin’ with the freaks now)
We’re havin’, we’re havin’ too much fun for them
Look who’s talking Guilty feet now…

Well let me tell you people
It’s an easier affair
Not living my life with other people on my mind
No, got nothing to hide from anyone
Yes, I’m walking on new air
Just living my life
Better believe I'm gonna get what’s mine
See I don’t have the time
For the haters

And all the time that I wasted
How careless of me
Too young and stupid to see
I put my life in their hands
(Gonna look for Cupid, man)
Oh, and I know that they want me to hate them
There’s no hurry
I’ll just have to be the bigger man

::Chorus::

Well let me tell you people
It’s an easier affair
Not livin’ my life with other people on my mind
No, got nothing to hide from anyone
‘Cos I’m walking on new air
Just living my life
Better believe I’m gonna get what’s mine
See I don’t have the time for the haters

Don’t let them tell you who you are is not enough
Don’t let them tell you that it’s wrong
Or that you won’t find love
Don’t let them use my life to put your future down
Don’t let them tell you that happiness can’t be found

For my life

Take it to the streets
There are stories you can keep
They’re just passing you by

Don’t let them tell you who you are is not enough
Don’t let them tell you that it’s wrong
Or that you won’t find love
Don’t let them use my life to put your future down
Don’t let them tell you that happiness can’t be found

Nice eh? Can't wait for the CD to come out!

CONTROVERSY:
... is his thing. Something i absolutely admire him for.. His ability to put into music his opinions, thoughts and ideas - however provocative. Listen to his albums, you can just do an entire General Paper syllabus from his songs! From discrimination to politics and the works, George Michael has put it in your face, literally.

MUSIC:
The thing i marvel about him is that he is able to do it seamlessly, by employing both LYRICS (of which he actually sings most of it! Unlike other "musicians")and MELODY with today's popular style of electronic music. In other words, he merged the conventional form of music with the contemporary style of music. And yet, he is still able to capture fans like myself of whom is a firm believer of harmonies, melodies and lyrics!

There is no comparison of George Michael with the likes of 50 cent? 40 cent? ummm... snip dog? snoopy dog? and ummm.. what's their name.. oh yes.. Link In Park? No no.. Linkin' Park.. Yes? I mean, does anybody realise those people are NOT SINGING?

You want someone with an opinion of the world? Someone who is angry with it? Someone who knows how to display it without destroying a guitar (and destroy forests) or wears tonnes of gold EVERYWHERE? George Michael's your guy.
Provocative ideas put in true enjoyable music.

VIDEOS:
You should go to his website and take a look at all the videos. Especially "Shoot the dog" (below) and "Freeek '04" (below). Definitely provocative!

His videos are filled with special effects! Totally fun to watch! i.e. "Flawless (Go To the City)"

Quote lyrics from "Freeek '04": 'c'mon kids don't be scared, it's a tits and ass world you've gotta be prepared'!


STATS:
Birth name: Georgios Kyriacos Panayiotou
Height: 5' 11" (1.80 m)

TRIVIA:
Was arrested in early 1998 at a public restroom in Beverly Hills for commiting a lewd act in front of an undercover police officer. He has since made a music video mocking the whole incident. The arresting police officer has since filed a civil suit againt George for defamation of character. It was dismissed.

Is of Greek-Cypriot heritage from his father, a restaurant owner, who emigrated to the U.K. from Cyprus, in the 1950s.

George Michael: "I still believe that music is one of the greatest gifts that God gave to man."

His controversial single "Shoot the Dog" (released 2002) had a video that ridiculed Tony Blair, Cherie Blair and George W. Bush.



Freeek '04
- Jho. Out to dinner. Study. Sleep.

No comments: