Sunday, April 02, 2006

An (random) Awakening

I don't want to start and say I have not blogged for a long time. (Monosyllabic)
So. I. Will. Move. On. With. My. En,try

Have updated some stuff on my other pages. Revaluated my "desires" section.

Didn't know I had Jake Gyllenhaal - or the fact that he existed- as my blog skin until Brokeback Mountain came into screens. LOL.

So much has happened within this period of absence from the blogging world; so much so that I really don't know where to start. So i'll be random.

Hmmm... Things have been going quite ok reccently. Busy with school work mainly.
Block test results will slowly be revealed piece by piece, paper by paper during the course of this week. Anxious about the results cos' small tests during the previous term did not exactly yield the results i'd hope to get.

College sent two 4X100 m relay teams to the SPH inter school relay competition. Girls got into the finals and came in 5th! Boys - I tell you, it's a miracle! We participated in the competition totally not expecting to get as far as we did.
There were 12 teams that participated in the semi finals. We seriously thought we'd get last place and told ourselves our target is NOT to get last place, at least 2nd last. Oddly and surprizingly enough, we got in 8th, last to qualify for the finals (on the same day)! And before the results for the finals came out, we thought we'd get 8th. Surprizingly, again, we got 6th this time! (Beat 1 team by timing and one team by default cos' of their technical error in passing) Moreover, we managed to clock a personal best timing 1.6 sec faster than the time trial we had in college; finals were 0.19 faster than semis at the competition itself.
That was pretty amazing...


Sound system for TAS Youth Voices and TONE's gig sucked again. We performed at the outdoor amphitheatre area on the 24th of March at the Joint Social Services Centre at Toa Payoh. Bad sound system is really a waste of talent.

Ms Nathan (Subject head Literature) says to girls in another class that she "can't get [my] dimples out of her head... when [I] smile, *makes sound of ecstacy* ". GROSS! Paradox: She now hates my guts! Says my lit grades suck and always asking her for private lessons but never actualising it. Ok Fine. I know it sucks 16 and 18/50 for both essays from the same book isn't exactly an ideal grade. Whatever. She doesn't plough high on my list of things to do. I shall CHUCK her aside.

Hmmm... Lack of motivation. Right. No Flow. Stagnant Academic progress. Don't know what to do. Pro.Cras.Ti.Na.Tion

I'm bored. Lazy to type. Need to do work. Sigh.

I rarely sigh. Hate to sigh. Not efficient use of engery. Now going to help Sergeoh with Lit teaching. Then go for dinner with Grandpa. Then back home to finish work. Then sleep. No time for gym again. Tomorrow's NAPFA test. Hope I get the gold once and for all. Need to sleep early tonight. Oh.. and this weekend is my race for the Singapore Athletic Association on Sunday, 200m. Hope i do well.

- Jho. Empty (yet filled with someone special *_^)

P.S. Listen to Corrine Bailey Rae!

No comments: