Friday, October 14, 2005

Back from a long hiatus

Sweet

First i would like to thank JunKai for delivering my birthday present. This sweet sweet guy, travelled ALL THE WAY from Serangoon (and straight from school somemore) to Choa Chu Kang just to give me my gift!

He gave me
(1) Chocolate Cake with Banana fruit [Chua's Idea.. thanks!]. And my family's hands were all over it! I had to snatch it away and say it is mine...
(2) a GORGEOUS self made card with GREEN all over! And well-wishes from the members of TONE. It's an absolutely fabulous gift!
Materialism aside, the effort he put into the card and time spent travelling, it's truly touching. Really.

Mid course Exams (a.k.a Promos)

It's not bad.
GP - Worried. Might just get an A2 only or worst, a B3 or B4! Ahhhh!
Economics - This one is a tricky one. Seems like I can get a B or C, but may end up with a D afterall
Geography - Another tricky one. Most probably a B on the maximum
Literature - Worst. Most uncertain. Made bold attempts, thus a little worried. A secured D but a possible C

Birthday

This goes out to those who have wished me a happy birthday so far. Such as Yanting, Mel, JunKai, Jeremy Chua, Da Nigel, Da Allan, Angie.

And to those who didn't, It's my Birthday! Show some love please! Hahhaha.. Kiddin'

Since it's the day that I was born, allow me some space to be a Guru here.
Wise words: ZEN. Block out negativities. People just need to know how to Zen. I'm not asking one to walk away in times of trouble. But thing is, you have to not-fret about things which you have no control. A philosophy i learnt most reccently.

An example? If you have ONE Day left to study for your paper, instead of fretting and constantly thinking how you will be able to cope, just block that out and study. It's a more productive method as compared to constantly fretting and in the end, not able to get anything at all into the head. Rather not fret and absorb 30% of the content than fret and absorb 10% right?

Zen-ing blocks negativities and thus promote organic and healthy productivity of one's soul.
Weird

I feel a little out of place currently. Firstly, October 14 is normally a time ( for 4 years running) for exams for me. I have never had a birthday for 4 years now that doesn't involve a paper the next day. This is the first time this happened in 4 years.

Secondly, the exams are over and I ain;t studying anymore, at least for a few days.. It's a break in the routine. Very weird. I'm not saying i ain't enjoying this freedom though. Just not many people to share it with.

Thirdly, this birthday seems to be just another day. Just a passing cloud. No significance. Hmmm...



Should listen to Natalie Grant - Held. It's an absolutely fabulous song!
Time to pack my room soon! It's in a total mess with books and files everywhere!
Time to get back into the gym routine.
Time to start my Track training again for the finals on 21st.
Time to catch up on my reading.
Time to live a slower paced life again..

-Jho. Sleep. Gym. Birthday.

No comments: