Wednesday, January 07, 2009

A drive nostalgic; a future lingering

Right after teaching in Woodlands I took the car for a quick spin to the nearby Innova Junior College. I miss school.

I miss how carefree life was. All I had to do was study. Times spent at the library mugging and writing essay after essay. Times spent in lecture theatres listening to Keynesian vs Monetary policies, Malthus' vs Boserup population theories, the tragic flaw of Lear.

I stared at the wide linkways between blocks and imagined/remembered myself walking those very paths in my hot sauna of a uniform. I stared at the "learning studios" and thought how nice it would be again to sit in tutorial listening to Mrs Naidu leading the class in her worldly unyielding wisdom, Mdm Mas' loud rossby waves and Hadley cell discussions, Ms Lim's marginal social benefit & costs, Ms Baey's The Lion & the Lamb.

I stared at the track (the smell.. mmmm..) thinking how nice it would be to restart my drills; shuffling, butt-kicks, leg-lifts, bounding, leg-extensions. The anticipation and breathlessness before and after each timed-200m sprint. The sense of accomplishment walking to Woodlands MRT legs all wobbly with a mix scent of sweat and deodrant, 100-plus lime in my right hand, geography "man-killers" on my left.

I stared into my past and now when i'm about to ORD, am blissfully reminded how the last 4 years have been. Ups and downs, the coming out, the supression of individuality in a combat unit, basic military training, the surreal diving experiences, failing driving once, travelling to vienna & budapest, getting into MDC and becoming music i/c, performance show-tour to rockhampton, my a-levels results, not making it to law school, meeting patrick, national day parade 08 with Jacintha, Chingay 08, working at Style:Nordic, Tone's inaugural concert a success, making great friends in the process, making life happen....

Cliched albeit true. How time just flew...

Will I do it all over again? Yes.

Here I am, starting the 21st year of my life, picking up a third language, heading off to business faculty in university - a path which was quite unexpected, about to record an album with Tone, still in a 3 year relationship come march, best friends never left, family trying to stay strong, dog as loveable as ever.

I hope this is considered to be living.

-jho. shower. decompress. sleep.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi there ppl. I'm actually into shoes and I was looking for that exact make. The prices as regards the velcros are approximately 190 bucks everwhere. But definitively I base this locate selling them someone is concerned half price. I really love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy these. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

hello fellas. I'm actually into shoes and I was searching as far as something that exact brand. The prices for the shoes are around 250 pounds on every page. But completely I base this locate selling them for half price. I exceptionally love these gucci sneakers. I will absolutely purchase them. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

good day fellas. I'm actually into shoes and I have been digging allowing for regarding that meticulous model. The prices seeking the sneakers are all over 170 pounds on every page. But for all I bring about this location selling them someone is concerned half price. I in reality love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy these. what do you think?