Friday, March 04, 2005

Take back my words!

I take back my words - losers can't be choosers. I will try to appeal into AC as much as possible. I may have to use Choir as an appeal [I don't wana sing in JC Choir! Arrrgghh]. According to Clemon, AC Choir is "desperately looking for basses that can sing"... And Mrs Creffield (HOD ACJC Arts) replied my email. She said that AC doesn't do General Appeal. I guess it's Choir or No AC then. Oh well...
I actually don't mind AJ, but it's too constricted, too conforming - even the teachers think so. I'm more or less comfortable (make do lor) in AJ, but i don't believe in settling down in a COMFORT zone and not be on a constant look out for greener pastures (unless the 'place' is what I truly want and need, a passion, not merely comfort).
I think that people who are so comfortable that they don't dare to break boundaries and venture further are such "looosssers"! They will not get far in life. Always like a "hermit crab" - courtesy of Jeremy Ho's Mother - stuck in a safety shell, only going out when necessary.

My parents - you gotta hate them, yet love them. They repeat things most of the time, often irritating to hear. But when they dispense good advice, it's seriously GREAT advice.
Jeremy Ho's Father: 'You can be in any occupation in the future, but you must be OUTSTANDING to be successful". Think about it. It's true ain't it? You can be a Karang Guni man, but if you're outstanding, you can flourish the business and become a millionaire - I know someone who is exactly that (mom's friend).
Jeremy Ho's Mother: "No matter what you do, you must be HUMBLE to be respected and successful". Humility works wonder especially in jobs that require PR/service. "Boy, don't be so arrogant can or not!", mom says.

So a mixture of being outstanding and humility works best. Bear that in mind. ^_^

Tomorrow is Jess's B'dae! We're so gonna party! Shake my booty... I can't believe i sacrificed an a cappella trip to Taiwan just to stay for her birthday. I'm such a sucker for friendships. What to do, she's my best friend. Trips come and go, lasting friendships are hard to come by. I'm so glad I have my circle of friends - Huang, Jess, Joe. I love you all! *Hugs*


-Jho. Arranging Since You've Been Gone - Kelly Clarkson. Gym. Rented VCD.

No comments: